Student-Alumni Mentoring Program
The new Macaulay Honors College Student-Alumni Mentoring Program gives sophomores, juniors, and seniors the opportunity to learn from Macaulay Honors College alumni and receive advice and encouragement while completing studies and pursuing graduate programs or professional careers.
The Program will make matches based on similar academic or professional interests and student preferences. Macaulay has graduates enrolled in medical schools, law schools, graduate schools, and employed in a variety of professional fields.
- Give support and encouragement;
- Provide advice on how to balance education, career, and extracurricular activities;
- Offer perspective on long-term career planning and/or graduate school education; and
- Share career, academic, cultural, and/or social interests.
Possible Mentor-Mentee Activities
- Practice interviews;
- Informational interviews;
- Mentor-mentee job-shadow;
- Visits to graduate school programs or companies;
- Possible match to internship or research experiences at mentor's companies as appropriate; and
- Excursions to cultural institutions.
Mentors and Mentees are expected to communicate at least once a month by phone, email, or in person. Mentees are expected to be responsive to their mentors and reach out as well. In addition, mentees will be asked to evaluate the experience.
There will be one in-person meeting in the Fall and Spring for all mentors and mentees.
To participate in the program, please click here to access the application. We will do our best to find a mentor for all students, based on mutual interests, backgrounds, and experiences.