LaGuardia High School

Laurita Abreu, Baruch
Alina Pavlova, Baruch
Kristin Jones, Hunter
Peter Panousopoulos, Baruch

1) What did you do?
We explored the drama and instrumental departments at LaGuardia High School as well as interviewed CTE Head and AP of Theatre, Brad Vincent.

2) Why did you choose it?
We figured that’s it’s a place inside of the neighborhood that nobody has done yet. We also wanted to give a little tour of one of the country’s most prestigious high schools.

3) What did you learn?
We learn a little of what each department does to educate their children. We also about the severe lack of educational funding the school receives.

Check it out!

5 thoughts on “LaGuardia High School”

1. Actually Joe, I believe we left a copy one of your golden flash drives. We dropped it off at the security guard’s desk before we left. If I’m not mistaken, the project should be under “LaGuardia” or something of that matter.

1. Ah, great! I don’t think I’ve re-used that flash drive for anything yet, so it should be there. Even if we can’t post it publicly, at least we can get a glimpse of your hard work!

2. That’s too bad! (Too bad that he didn’t understand the project and that he didn’t understand the value of having it public).

But you did exactly the right thing by taking it down, and now you’ve had the double experience of using the tools to make the video, and also confronting the issues involved in posting interviews publicly.

I’m sorry we can’t watch your video, but glad that you had both those experiences.

3. We interviewed a teacher from LaGuardia High School. When he saw the video on YouTube, he immediately contacted me to take it down. We thought he understood that we had to upload it, but unfortunately he didn’t want it up anymore.