Every year Macaulay Honors College students in Seminar 1: The Arts in New York City take photographs for a cross-campus exhibit. This year we welcome our partner campuses from the University of Nevada, Reno, the University of Indianapolis, and Finger Lakes Community College, Canandaigua, NY.
All students must take photographs on Monday, October 11 (at any time during that 24-hour period). The exhibit consists of four parts.
1) Taking the Picture(s) Barron Rachman, the photographer who lectured to the class reminded me to tell you that you should make sure that your cameras is set on the highest MegaPixel count and that the image quality is set to “high” or “large” or “superfine”. That is usually the language around these quality issues. Also when you look in the camera menu you should find these topics under “Image Quality”…….that is usually where it is.
2) Bringing 3-4 pictures to CLASS on October 12 –on a flash drive. We will discuss your photos and choose 1 to submit to the exhibit.
3) You will upload your chosen picture to the online Gallery between October 12- October 18. See instructions below.
4) Macaulay will print your pictures for inclusion in a display curated by a group of classmates and a professional photographer.
Here is the general information for the Snapshot Day 2010 event:
- Take photos on October 11, 2010.
- Each student will choose one photo and upload it to the online gallery.
- Physical exhibit will take place at Macaulay Honors College, 35 W. 67th St., on Sunday, December 12.
Instructions for uploading your image to the online gallery can be found here: