425 East 25th St, Box 323 NYC 10010
cell: (347) 857-7392
2010-Present: Macaulay Honors College at Hunter College, CUNY:
GPA: 3.984 Major: History/Special Honors Curriculum
Expected Graduation Date: Spring 2014
Honors, Awards, Activities
- Full merit scholarship to Macaulay Honors College (4 years)
- Peter Vallone Academic Achievement Award, 2010-2011
- Thomas Hunter Honors Program, 2011-2014 (Interdisciplinary program at Hunter College)
- Hertog Scholars Program, 2012-2014 (Great Books program at Macaulay Honors College)
- Contestant on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire – Airdate 3/1/2011
- Co-founder and member of Macaulay Marauders Quidditch Team
Computer Skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PastPerfect, iMovie, Windows Movie Maker v1.1, Windows Live Movie Maker, Audacity, iPhoto, GarageBand, Keynote, Pagemaker, Acrobat.
Intern, Hudson River Park Trust, New York, NY, June 2012-August 2012
- Wrote and assisted in layout for the Trust’s neighborhood historical walking tour brochure on the Meatpacking District and Chelsea.
- Assisted in preparing and writing requests for proposals for boathouse tenants and concessions in the park.
Intern, Shelby Cullom Davis Museum, New York Public Library for the Performing Arts, New York, NY, February 2012-May 2012
- Researched topics, found artifacts and media from the Library’s archival and research collections, and helped install exhibitions in the Library’s three gallery spaces.
- Was credited for assistance in the exhibit “The Great American Revue.”
Intern, Museum of American Finance, New York, NY, June 2011-August 2011
- Wrote posts for the Museum’s Twitter feed, cataloged and scanned items from the Museum’s archive in PastPerfect, conducted tours, and wrote clues for the “Race Around Wall Street” scavenger hunt event.
Intern, “Behind the Scenes of Nixon in China,” December 2010-April 2011
- Attended rehearsals and other events surrounding the Metropolitan Opera’s production of Nixon in China as part of a project run by the Met Opera, Thirteen (WNET-TV), and Macaulay Honors College.
- Interviewed composer and conductor John Adams, director Peter Sellars, and principal actors of the production, along with Met Opera GM Peter Gelb and former New York Times editor Max Frankel, for a segment of SundayArts on Thirteen, which aired July 2011.
Contributor, Various Blogs and Podcasts, March 2008-present
- Writes and records video and audio posts on a variety of topics such as football, pop culture, trivia, and college activities for several blogs and websites.
- Contributes trivia quizzes for the blog of mental_floss magazine and the podcast PodQuiz.
- Writes, hosts, and edits The Thursday Trivia Podcast (thurstriv.tumblr.com) and the audio documentary series infinitespace (infinitespacepodcast.tumblr.com).
Volunteer Tour Guide, Louis Armstrong House Museum, Corona, NY, 2006-2010
- Conducted tours, performed house upkeep, filed invoices and payment requests, and organized, cataloged and cleaned archival materials.
You can download a copy of my resume in Microsoft Word format here.