Jurassic Park: Origins Cryo Can Contest Thanks

For those of you that don’t know, I’m a HUGE Jurassic Park fan. I never like to say I’m the biggest fan because I think that’s a conceded statement. Whether or not I’m the biggest doesn’t matter though. What matters is entertaining you, the good people of the internet.

Anyway, two gentlemen named Ian Cresswell and Julien Romeo have been working on a fan film called Jurassic Park: Origins, which will be a prologue to the first JP film. It’s currently in the stages of pre-production, and the creators have been hard at work trying to find ways to promote the film. One way they did it was through a giveaway contest. The prize was an official replica of the Barbasol cryo can prop used by Dennis Nedry (Wayne Knight) in the first JP film. There were two ways to win. One way was going to be a random giveaway when 1,000 people liked their Facebook page. The other was an automatic giveaway to one person if s/he could get 250 to like and follow the page. That was the path that I chose, and I won the contest.

This was the video that promoted the giveaway:

After I won the contest, I made a response “thank you video” which you can watch here:

I’m absolutely in love with this prop. I’ll make a separate post about it soon, but for now, know that I had been searching for and trying to acquire this prop for a long, long time. Ever since I saw the first film, in fact. It definitely found a great home with me, and I’ll be showing it off to my friends for ages to come, haha!

A sweet wallpaper for the film. Show your support and download this sucker for your desktop!

Be sure to visit back real soon. I’m going to begin catolouging my entire Jurassic Park collection, one post at a time. If you enjoy the JP series, I guarantee that you’ll learn lot. You’ll be able to find it under “TV and Movies” when I start posting in the coming days.

Avatar of Daniel Scarpati

About Daniel Scarpati

Daniel is a university scholar at CUNY Macaulay Honors College at Brooklyn College double majoring in Film Production and TV/Radio. His blog was created with the intention of providing friends, family and general visitors a place to sit back and relax while reading, watching and learning.