BOOOOOKS!

Did you know that I love books?

If I could, I would spend all my money on books. But that would be irrational of me. I don’t have a bookshelf to keep them safe!

What type of books do I like?

Simple. The classics. If you look to the picture at the right, you will get a sense of the books I read.

I love Greek mythology. And fairy tales. The Grimmer the better. Haha, punny!

My favorite books are Jane Eyre, Pride and Prejudice, In Cold Blood, The Bell Jar, Never Let Me Go, The Fountainhead, Animal Farm, Flowers for Algernon, 1984, Song of Solomon, Tuesdays with Morrie, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, The Handmaid’s Tale, and Harry Potter. And counting.

Also, recently, I’ve taken a liking to F. Scott Fitzgerald.

Back to the picture: those are all books I bought today. Yay! It made me so happy. (I usually borrow books from the Queens Public Library. I buy after I decide that I like the book.) Is it materialistic that I feel good when I own a book I want?

Housing Works Bookstore Cafe IMG_3858

credits to NewYorkDailyPhoto.com

Where did I buy them? Good ol’ Barnes and Nobles (founded by a Brooklyn Tech alum. Represent). But even better, Housing Works Bookstore Cafe! Some of the books I bought were $1 albeit used. But I don’t mind. As long as they’re in good condition. Which they all were. (And this is not counting the four other books I bought last week at Housing Works Thrift Shop. $3 apiece. I need to stop buying books!)

[And if you’re wondering, the featured image is of J.P. Morgan’s Library. One of the most fascinating places I’ve been to. But that’s for another post.]