Mentors are Expected to:
- Have at least three (3) years of professional experience
- Must be able to attend the 3 mandatory in-person events in New York City.
- Provide ongoing support, feedback, and advice to promote mentee’s professional growth and achievement
- Time commitment will vary, but mentors are expected to engage with their mentee through at least twice a month (i.e. in-person, phone or email) during the mentorship.
- Mandatory meetings include: Orientation/Training, two group sessions, and culminating event:
- Tuesday, October 10, 2023: Training for Mentors, virtual through Zoom
- Monday, November 6, 2023: Mentoring Kick-Off Event, in-person at the Macaulay building 35 West 67th Street
- Wednesday, February 28, 2024: Mid-year check-in (In-person, NYC)
- Wednesday, May 1, 2024: End of year completion ceremony (In person, NYC)
- The mentoring sessions are arranged directly by the mentor and the mentee.
- Meet with the mentee and identify at least three short- and/or long-term goals for your mentorship relationship (what the mentee hopes to achieve).
- Find at least (1) networking or professional development event you can bring your mentee to.
- Examples: Shadow at your office, networking happy hour, conference, etc.
- Complete end of program assessments
The application is now closed.