Through spring and fall, we will be exploring, co-creating, and piloting ideas for nurturing our shared community resilience.
- What does resilience mean to you?
- When have you felt welcomed and supported by community?
- What is a skill or gift you’d like to share with your community?
- What should be considered in designing community resources that are safe, accessible, and accommodating of students’ unique needs and preferences?
Understand Phase (Spring 2024): Two representatives from each of our eight partner campuses will be invited into a leadership cohort of 16 students. With mentoring and support from Design for America, this cohort will receive specialized training in multi-stakeholder problem-solving and will lead this innovative initiative to build a shared understanding of the needs and hopes of the Macaulay student community.
This commitment takes place approximately March 8 – May 10 and requires 2-3 hours/week.
Members of the leadership cohort will receive a stipend of $600 for their service to Macaulay.
- Feb: Attend Macaulay-wide workshops with DFA to learn more about the Community Resiliency Lab. All are welcome!
- Late Feb: Apply to join the cohort.
- Early March: Cohort members selected, and the Understand Phase begins.
- March-April: Cohort members conduct the project (which everyone can still participate in).
- May: Attend the closing Macaulay-wide Innovation Celebration to and prepare for the Create Phase (Fall 2024)!
About Design for America:
Design for America (DFA) the next generation of social innovators to tackle the challenges they care about. Students in our national network use design thinking and collaboration to take on real-world challenges in their lives and within their communities.
For more information, please contact Lisa.Brundage@mhc.cuny.edu