Carrying the Fire

The posts this week were truly exceptional and I want to thank each of you for contributing such thoughtful and well-written pieces.  It made me identify a bit with the father in novel.  There came a point in their journey when he realized that his son was able to go on without him.  For me, as a teacher, that is always the best goal to have.  Not that I want to stop short our semester!  Neither do I want the end of the term to be the end of knowing you.  And of course, it is not a matter of brutal survival.  But it is a matter of witnessing how you have taken the complex concepts basic to apocalyptic belief and grasped how they play out richly, and often ambiguously, in this novel, and with great sensitivity.  So I am struck by the extent to which you have become co-teachers.  I look forward to our discussion.

This entry was posted in Lee Quinby, November, November 16. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Carrying the Fire

1. Andreas Apostolopoulos says:

This class has been an amazing learning experience for all of us i think..perhaps for me most of all, since i come from the deep dank depths of the engineering catacombs (quite literally…the Civ.Eng labs are all in the cellar levels). I can’t wait for the blogpost where we get to write all our critiques regarding how awesome this course was!! =)