Frank Sinatra

Throughout the entire process of viewing our classmates presentations I have been enlightened by the different people who I did not really know much about. I was able to learn about different artists who I did not know much about or did not know were New Yorkers. There was also the rare cases where I had never even heard of the artist who was being presented such as Stan Lee done by Vincent Jost. I have always been fond of Marvel comics but had never known who created them and had never really given it much thought.

I really enjoyed the presentation made by Ryan Livote on Frank Sinatra, I have always enjoyed some of his songs but never really knew the full history of his work. I learned from Ryan the different movies which he starred in as well as some of his music. I also learned how he was considered a real stud and was as big as The Beatles and Elvis before they were around. I never knew that Sinatra acted, I thought he was just a singer/musician. I was surprised to see him acting, and acting well in the clips shown by Ryan. I was also caught off guard by his impressive dancing, particularly his tap dancing. I always thought he was the type of performer to stand still and perform by singing into a microphone, I never knew he would be able to dance around.

Learning about the different performers was a fun experience. It gave me insight into different people who impacted my city. These people who I never really knew much about, are actually people who I see around more often than I gave thought. I knew Sinatra only for the song “New York, New York” played at the end of many sporting events around the city including the Yankees. I now know him for some of the great works which he produced and I appreciate my classmates for giving me insight into some figures who have impacted this great city.frank sinatra