Anonymous Interview

The following interview occurred via email with an artist who has painted at 5 Pointz. He has specifically mentioned to remain anonymous, and that request will be honored. A picture of his work, however, is attached.

What originally drew you to graffiti art?

I saw some sick works in high school, so I just grabbed a can and started trying it for myself until eventually I learned how from others.

When viewing throwups and basic tagging, some artists see pure vandalism by people who haven’t taken the time to perfect their craft, while others see it an “artist in the making.” What are your thoughts on this issue?

If someone tagged my house, I’d be pretty pissed off. I can’t argue though, because throw ups were how I started out. I guess if the guy takes the time to turn his throw ups into pieces later on, then it’s worth it.

Where do you most often practice your skills? If you have painted at 5 Pointz, what was your experience like?
Areas around my neighborhood. People don’t mind, as long as I do a good job. 5pointz was a great experience. Meres and everyone else was chill. Not too sure if my work is still up though.
Where do you draw your current inspiration when deciding what to draw next?

I draw whatever I feel at the moment, no set inspiration or anything like that. You can plan an outline for a piece before, but I always find that most of your ideas when working come to you at the moment you’re writing.

Anonymous Interview 5 pointzs