So today I’m going to take a break from writing my posts in German and then translating them into English – I’ll just write in English and maybe later in my trip I’ll try translating the other way around.

I wrote in my first post that I needed to get rain boots before I left because it rained a lot in Kassel. I ended up not being able to find cheap rain boots, and it’s a good thing I didn’t buy an expensive pair, because it has hardly rained at all since I’ve been here. In fact, it’s been very warm and nice outside, and today it was actually uncomfortably hot! It’s a good thing I packed so many pairs of shorts.

Today after class we took a trip to see the waterfall at the Hercules, which I wrote a little about earlier. The statue of Hercules is on top of this huge man-made waterfall, and is the landmark of Kassel. Every Wednesday and Sunday, then turn the waterfall on, and on the first Saturday of every month, they turn the water on at night, and all the buildings surrounding the Hercules, including the palace at the bottom of the hill, are beautifully lit up. I went with a few other students to see this on Saturday night, and though seeing it in the daytime was much different, it was just as beautiful in its own way. Unfortunately, because of the heat, it was less fun climbing down the huge hill.

Yesterday, we had the language training, where we basically work on pronunciation. As I wrote, it’s really hard, yesterday we had to say:

We also had to be able to tell the difference between Maller and Miller and Muller and Müller and Muhler and Mühler and Moller and Mohler and Möhler and Möhler and Mahler and so on and so forth…

But it’s good practice.

Tomorrow after class we’re going to do some grammar practice online and then Friday is a movie. Don’t know what is in the works for the weekend just yet because we have no planned excursion, but I’m sure whatever we do will be awesome. I’ll keep you posted! (pun intended).