Organizing People

October 20, 2010

The ongoing question of many, many, many years: What is the role of the ITF?

Well, right now it seems to be “the role of the ITF is to organize people.” Sort of an Obama-esque community organizer role… only with, you know, the bonus of current innovations in IT.

I’ve just finished collecting biographies and head shots from the bulk of the ITF crew, in order to update the Macaulay web site. Reading these brief paragraphs as they came in shed some interesting light on how we explain ourselves to the world, as both emergent academics and budding technologists. Some of us omit the ITF experience from our professional copy. Some of us talk about in-progress research, while some prefer to focus more on that which has already been accomplished. Some showcase their lives outside of academia, and some see themselves as defined by abstraction. Check us all out here.

Now that that task is done, I’m continuing my work on collecting an alumni list and building the beginnings of a database (or at the very least, a spreadsheet). This should help me plan alumni events for this spring (and possibly a quickie sort of Skype-in for November–stay tuned to see if that works itself out).

Finally, I’m trying to organize the Snapshot event, in December, for the entire first-year class. Plus honored guests from other schools!

So I guess I’m all caught up in organizing!

The results, however, ought to be pretty fine. Stay tuned.

Entry Filed under: Macaulay. Posted in  Macaulay .

Calendar

October 2010
S M T W T F S
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31  

Most Recent Posts