Macaulay Seminar One at Brooklyn College
Random header image... Refresh for more!

The Metropolitan Opera

The Metropolitan Opera is gorgeous! I’ve walked past it many times when I come to the city, but I hadn’t been as close to it as I was during the night of the opera. It’s so grand. Anyways the actual show was great too. The set was my favorite part because it was so far from what I was expecting and the funny thing is I felt like it depicted the forest more than a couple of cardboard tress would’ve. I especially liked the concept of the doors it gave the stage depth and I think the trees stabbed in to the doors was the set designers trying to be funny since it was one of Shakespeares’ silly plays. I also really liked the costumes towards the second half of the show because they got a little more opera-esque. Since I’ve read the play I knew what was going so I guess I wasn’t really watching that pan out. What really caught my attention throughout the night was how everything was presented, I’m glad I watched it that way though. I liked differentiating what I would’ve seen at the theater and what I saw at the opera.

0 comments

There are no comments yet...

Kick things off by filling out the form below.