Macaulay Seminar One at Brooklyn College
Random header image... Refresh for more!

Ballet

I don’t like to dance, but I took dance lessons when I was very young. However, I stopped becauseĀ I don’t like to dance. After that, I don’t think I ever pushed myself to dance again.

HOWEVER, I love to see people dance. Actually, I wish I could do that and going to the American Ballet Theater was incredible.

I wasn’t too fond of the first act; mostly because I can’t remember it. I guess you do remember the things you like.

The second act and third act were incomparable because they both did different things. I liked them both actually.

The second act was built upon a story and I am very proud of myself that I understood it (haha). It was just really cool how they integrated story and dance together. The costume, lighting, set design was amazing too (mostly because it took 30 min to fix during intermission). I especially liked the lighting because the dancers’ shadows looked like they were floating, which was a pretty cool effect. However, I thought the story kind of dragged towards the end.

The final act was more experimental. I like it more because of the music change and the fast pacing, but it was too short!

Overall, although I prefer other dances over ballet, I really enjoyed my time especially going with a group.

0 comments

There are no comments yet...

Kick things off by filling out the form below.