Macaulay Seminar One at Brooklyn College

Mohammed’s Radio Staged

When I heard that we’d be watching a staged play, I imagined a couple of people lined up on a large stage, practicing their parts dully. However, this was not the case. Mohammed’s Radio, although it was staged, was a pleasure to watch.

I thought that reading the play beforehand would affect my interest while watching the actual characters act. However, when faces and voices were put to the characters, the play just got better! What I had imagined, came to life. Each character presented his/herself in an extraordinary way and each individual brought something different to the table. The actors used a voice, expression, and personality that best fit their characters’ and really brought their hearts into the play.

I was especially moved when I saw tears in ‘Alice’s’ eyes. The actress actually placed herself in Alice’s shoes and was in tears towards the end of the play when she found that her daughter had been raped. It was extraordinary to watch the regular individuals play their parts with lots of emotion and passion. The actors/actresses made it hard for me to differentiate between the performer and the true character.

Overall, the staged play was beyond what I expected. I was immersed into the play and felt that I truly understood each and every character’s motives and behaviors.

0 comments

There are no comments yet...

Kick things off by filling out the form below.