BioBlitz Experience

Unfortunately, I was unable to attend the Macaulay BioBlitz event. As August 26th approached, I was eager to explore Central Park with my fellow classmates. I had already set up my iNaturalist Account in anticipation of the event, however, another Macaulay event clashed with my designated group time for BioBlitz. And so, instead of documenting all the exciting insects and plants inhabiting Central Park, I spent my day promoting Food Fest at the Club Fair for upcoming Macaulay Freshmen.

Food Fest is undeniably an event you all should attend! Focusing on sustainable, affordable, and accessible food for all New York City Residents, this festival will be held on November 3rd, 2013 (which also happens to be Earth Day!). Throughout the day there will be workshops on gardening and composting where attendants will learn the skills to start their own quest in becoming a more environmentally friendly individual. Additionally, there will be cooking classes in which you will eat the food you cook. (Free food all day anyways, with the theme of International Cuisine!)

For those highly interested in the issue of Food Justice, there will be a resource fair where you can network with numerous NGOs committed to this topic. Last, you can help by becoming a part of the team who plans Food Fest. We are in need of individuals to promote the event, reach out to organizations to attend the event, and volunteer on the actual day of Food Fest!

Honestly, who doesn’t love food? Come learn and enjoy what the day has in store for all of New York City. You won’t regret it!

This entry was posted in BioBlitz. Bookmark the permalink.