- Baruch College enrolls up to 100 Macaulay students each year.
- Brooklyn College enrolls up to 80 Macaulay students each year.
- City College enrolls up to 80 Macaulay students each year.
- Hunter College enrolls up to 120 Macaulay students each year.
- John Jay College enrolls up to 20 Macaulay students each year.
- Lehman College enrolls up to 20 Macaulay students each year.
- Queens College enrolls up to 60 Macaulay students each year.
- College of Staten Island enrolls up to 40 Macaulay students each year.
Last year, Macaulay received over 7,000 applications for only 520 places in our entering class.
Macaulay accepts college credits acquired through AP exams, IB exams, College Now, and dual enrollment credits.
Only a small number of application fee waivers are sent to high school guidance offices. You should check with your guidance counselor to see if they received any waivers from CUNY.
If you attend a NYC DOE school, you will enter your OSIS number in the Macaulay application and we will get your transcript electronically. If you do not attend a NYC DOE school, transcripts can be sent by email to: email@example.com or via Naviance.
All applicants must submit two letters of recommendation. After you complete and submit your application, your recommenders will receive via email the electronic recommendation form along with instructions on how and when to submit them. Note that recommenders will only receive the form AFTER you have submitted your application. Once you have done this, it is a good idea to confirm with your recommenders that they have received the form.
Only Hunter, John Jay, Lehman, and the College of Staten Island conduct interviews. Candidates for interviews are identified directly by the individual campuses; applicants are not able to request an interview.
Students applying to Macaulay should have a recommended average of 90 and above.
CUNY anticipates making the standardized tests (SAT & ACT) optional. We will post the updated information on the CUNY and Macaulay websites after the process is finalized.
As part of the Macaulay application to the class of 2027, we require that you submit two pieces of writing: Each should be around 500 words long. Your word counts may be slightly over or under, within reason.
The essay prompts are posted on our website: https://macaulay.cuny.edu/admissions/applying-to-macaulay/essay-questions/