Wednesday, May 24, 2023
(ceremony begins at 3:00pm)
United Palace Theater
4140 Broadway, New York, NY 10033
Wednesday, May 24, 2023
- 1:00 pm – Students arrive at United Palace for check-in
- 2:00 pm – Check-in for students ends
- 2:15 pm – House opens for guests, Tickets with assigned seats are required for all attendees (except graduates)
- 2:30 pm – Gather for procession
- 3:00 pm – Commencement begins
Order by Monday, April 24, 2023
Students will be wearing black academic regalia provided by Herff Jones.
To order your cap and gown, go to the Herff Jones website.
Macaulay will provide your honors stole.
If you will be wearing black academic regalia for your home campus, department, or other ceremonies, you may also wear it at Macaulay’s commencement. Students are not permitted to wear any other color regalia during Macaulay’s ceremony. Macaulay will provide an honors stole.
If you need financial assistance with your regalia please contact Janet Fu at email@example.com.
To ensure an equal chance of getting seats, all graduates must register to get tickets. Graduating students who have registered for commencement may request up to 10 tickets for guests. Tickets for Macaulay Honors College Commencement at United Palace will have assigned seats. Macaulay will assign guest seats after May 1 for students who registered. Seats will not be exchanged and are final. You will be sent a link to download your tickets with your assigned seats after May 3. You must register at the registration link. Please only request the number of tickets needed. If you do not register by May 1, you will only get tickets after everyone who did register and requested extra tickets before the deadline. Only one entry per student. Macaulay will delete any duplicates. You can confirm your registration at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students may request additional tickets here. Additional tickets are not guaranteed and subject to availability. Additional tickets are also not guaranteed to be placed with your original ticket request but efforts will be made to place your guests together based on availability. Additional tickets will be distributed after May 10.
Friends and family members must get tickets through their student; the college does not make tickets available to the public. Guests cannot attend commencement without a ticket with an assigned seat (including children). Graduates do not need a ticket.
- Register by Monday, May 1, 2023.
- Starting Wednesday, May 3, 2023 – Tickets will be available for download via a link sent to the email address from your registration form
- Thursday, May 4 and Friday, May 5 – Stoles will be available for pickup from Macaulay Honors College from 11am-5pm (email email@example.com to arrange for alternate pickup date/time). Please note stoles will NOT be available for pickup at commencement unless arranged beforehand.
- Day of the ceremony (Wednesday, May 24):
- Arrive at United Palace, 4140 Broadway by 1:00 pm for check-in
- Check-in ends at 2:00pm, please arrive before 2:00pm!
- Please note that there is no place to store your personal belongings. Arrive dressed and you may leave your personal items with your guests. Water fountains are not available at United Palace. We encourage you to bring a reusable water bottle with water for the waiting period. Water bottles will not be confiscated, but you will have to carry it.
- Pick up your honors stole if you have arranged for it to be picked up at Commencement
- Gather for procession at 2:30pm
- Ceremony begins at 3:00pm on the dot!
If you have a great idea for our commencement speaker, let us know! Explain why you think your candidate will make an inspirational speaker for the Class of 2023. Send us your suggestion by March 15!
Senior Class Gift
The Senior Class Gift Campaign is a fundraising effort spearheaded by graduating students at Macaulay Honors College to commemorate their achievements by making a donation to the college before graduation.
As we transition from student to alumni, we honor our time at Macaulay by offering a gift to the people that supported us, and to the students that will follow us.
Help say farewell to the class of 2023.
STUDENT VOLUNTEERS may earn community service hours by assisting with robing, ticketing, ushering, setup, and other tasks at the venue. Lunch will be provided. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested.
ALUMNI VOLUNTEERS are needed to function as Marshals. You’ll lead the student procession and join Advisors and faculty onstage during the ceremony. Please email email@example.com if you’re interested.
829 W 181st St (between Plaza Lafayette & Cabrini Blvd)
The Pandering Pig
209 Pinehurst Avenue (near the corner of W 187th St)
4141 Broadway (between W 175th St & W 176th St)
4165 Broadway (between W 177th St & 176th St)
4193 Broadway (between W 177th St & 178th St)
Please note that there may be long waits at the parking garages. We recommend that you take public transportation to United Palace.
M P G Metropolitan Parking Group
4168 Broadway (between W 176th St & W 177th St)
24 Hrs. Parking
4162-66 Broadway (between W 176th St & W 177th St)
PV Parking Corp
554 W 174th St (between Audubon Ave & St Nicholas Ave)
181 Park Corp
506 W 181th St (between Amsterdam Ave & Audubon Ave)
West 184th Street & Broadway Parking Garage
4320 Broadway (corner of W 184th St & Broadway)
Individual colleges have their own requirements so please be in touch with your advisor.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.