- All Macaulay students are welcome whenever the building is open. Hours are 7am-11pm Monday through Friday and 8am-11pm on weekends and Holidays. Staff and Faculty may access the building at any time.
- Students are required to make a reservation to utilize space in the building with the exception of the Reading Room, the Commons, and the 2nd Floor Courtyard, which are all considered to be public space, when not otherwise in use for a reservation.
- Guests are also welcome if they are accompanied by a Macaulay student. Macaulay students are responsible for their guests. Everyone must present proper identification and sign in.
- After use, all rooms must be returned to “broom clean” condition. In other words, furniture is to be returned to the original positions, all trash bagged, windows closed etc. Infractions will jeopardize ability to utilize building space.
- Sound must be kept at appropriate levels at all times, both inside and outside of the building.
- Candles, open flames, and other hazardous materials are prohibited.
- Alcohol, smoking, and use of illegal substances are forbidden.
- Students on leave are welcome to visit the building if they have an appointment with a Macaulay staff member or if they have been invited to an event. Students on leave must check-in with Security at the Front Desk, and be accompanied by a Macaulay staff member at all times. Students on leave may not bring guests from outside of the Macaulay community into the building.
Additional Guidelines for Meetings, Programs and Events
- To request space for small group meetings and activities students must submit the Student Event Form at least 10 days prior to the activity.
- For larger activities (more than 30 individuals) multiple activities, or for activities involving invited speakers, students must submit the Student Event Form at least 45 days in advance of the proposed event date.
- A student liaison, and an alternate, must be appointed for each use request. Both the liaison and the alternate take responsibility that all guests adhere to the guidelines for space use. The liaison or the alternate must be present in the room during the entire time the room is in use. The liaison or the alternate must sign out with security after all guests leave at the end of the event.
- If A/V or other equipment is to be used, prior approval is required. A tech liaison must be appointed and trained by Macaulay staff before any equipment can be used. Please indicate equipment needs on Student Event Form.
- If the kitchen is needed or refreshments are to be served, prior approval is required. Please indicate this on the Student Event Form.
- Items (including signs) may be posted only in areas designated for that purpose. Special approval is required to fasten anything to walls, doors, glass, ceilings, and other surfaces.
- Students and guests may only use the specific rooms designated on the Request Form, as other rooms may be scheduled for use.
- If property damage occurs as a result of a student event, the student liaison and alternate will be responsible for repairs or other costs.
Individuals or groups who do not adhere to these guidelines may be denied the use of Macaulay Honors College facilities in the future.