The Macaulay Honors College Student Emergency Fund assists Macaulay students coping with an unexpected emergency to enable you to continue your education. The fund is a short-term financial resource to help address non-recurring situations.
Macaulay Honors College Foundation sponsors this program on behalf of the Office of Academic Affairs through gifts designated for this purpose.
Macaulay Honors College students who are faced with an emergency situation and can demonstrate need may apply to the fund. Students must have filed the FAFSA and TAP in order to be eligible to receive emergency funds. In addition, any student pending opportunity funds receipts will not be eligible to receive funds until all documentation or receipts have been provided
Emergency Fund Award Guidelines
Emergencies to be considered include, but are not limited to, situations such as:
• Increased commuting costs due to unexpected relocation
• Imminent documented eviction
• Theft or other loss of books and other academic materials
• Emergency medical treatment or care not covered by insurance
• Serious illness or death of parent or caregiver
Types of Expenses that May Be Covered:
A range of incidents may result in financial hardships. Typical expenses that may be covered include but are not limited to:
• Student assistance with rent or utilities due to an emergency situation
• Books, fees or other school-related expenses
• Daily travel expenses (e.g. Metrocard)
• Replacement of personal belongings due to fire or natural disaster
The information requested below will help determine your eligibility for funds. You will be contacted as soon as possible from the submission of this application at which time you may be asked to provide additional documentation verifying the emergency nature of your situation.
All students approved for funding must submit the W-9 form to Mr. Chris Daversa at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately after receiving an email approval notification.