It’s no secret that Macaulay students and alumni are highly sought after by top companies seeking to hire high-achieving individuals for jobs, internships, and research assistantships. But when first applying for positions, students understandably often reach out for help with how to effectively present themselves.
That’s why Career Development has organized a comprehensive set of resources below to help Macaulay students excel at every part of the career process.
These in-depth guides provide key advice to Macaulay students for finding and landing jobs, from writing an effective resume to using CareerPath to search for openings.
- How to Land Your Internship
- Suggested Timeline for Internship
- Internship and Job Searching
- Macaulay Portal Exclusive Access
- Avoiding Scams
- Protection for Interns in the Workplace
- Salary Tools
- Building a Great Student Profile on LinkedIn
- LinkedIn Profile Development Checklist
- Tips for Computer Science/Graphic Design Portfolios
- Career Fair Tips
- Prepare for the Fair
- Sample Student Business Card Instructions
- How to Use the Macaulay Business Card Template
- Networking Tips
- A Student’s Perspective
- Resume Writing Tips
- Sample Resume
- Sample Graphic Design Resume
- Sample Technical Resume
- Cover Letter Writing Tips
- Cover Letter Sample
- Using Action Verbs
- Indicate Your Macaulay Education: Resumes & LinkedIn
- Contacting your future mentor
- Tips for a successful first meeting
- How to be a great mentee
- Get the most out of the relationship
- Macaulay CareerPath User Guide
- CareerPath for Alumni
- CareerPath for DACA and International Students
- CareerPath How-To-Videos
Student and Alumni Career Programs
Learn more about Macaulay programs specifically designed to help connect students and alumni with opportunities to advance and explore their career interests.
External Resources for Macaulay Students
Company and Internship Reviews, Tips, and Application
A comprehensive career resource, Vault enables you to research employers and industries, gain career advice, and apply to jobs and internships. Whether you are just exploring possible career paths or are ready for an interview, Vault can help. Take advantage of your FREE MACAULAY ACCESS to the trusted Vault resource!
Have any specific questions about your career goals?
For specific needs or goals for going above and beyond their career aspirations, broad or specific, students can reach out to Gianina Chrisman for individualized assistance. She is willing to give students one-on-one help with any topic from resume writing to interview help.